Shifting to remotely managed iSeries services could positively impact any business. Such cloud-based services may include IaaS, PaaS, business continuity, or some combination of the three, giving companies the opportunity to relieve themselves of issues related to infrastructure and data security and instead focus on more pressing tasks.
Streamlined IT department workflow is just one of the benefits that managed iSeries services bring to the table. Depending on what your iSeries plan covers and who your provider is, other benefits could include:
- Flexible infrastructure (buy for today and scale as needed)
- Managed infrastructure with options for OS management and business continuity
- The elimination of backup windows
- Access to state-of-the-art hardware and best-practice infrastructure
- Upgraded backup processes and the removal of tape archives
- Moving to operating expense
- Data security and recoverability
When it comes to remote iSeries services, companies of all sizes choose Abacus Solutions. We are an IBM Managed Services Provider, which is a status that speaks to our knowledge about IBM hardware and software. With two datacenters – built and managed by our own team of cloud engineers – and IBM-certified special lists on staff, the iSeries services that we offer span the gamut from IaaS to complete OS management and disaster recovery in less than an hour.