Moving to IBM i to the cloud is a smart decision for many reasons. For one, cloud infrastructure is more flexible and scalable than premise-based infrastructures. This allows businesses to buy for today and scale as needed, rather than purchase excess hardware in anticipation of growth. Additionally, cloud infrastructure is host managed, which eliminates tasks of hardware acquisition, installation, and maintenance, allowing a company to focus more on business-critical requirements.
IBM i is a unique platform that requires an experienced and dedicated hosting partner. That’s why when companies move to the IBM i cloud, they choose Abacus Solutions. As an IBM i Managed Services Provider, we have a deep level of experience with the IBM i platform. Our engineers are well versed not only in all of the platform’s software requirements, but also the hardware requirements as well. We have two best-in-class datacenters in different physical locations optimized for IBM i and equipped with redundant components for maximum uptime.
In addition to our experience and state-of-the-art datacenters, there are plenty of other reasons to consider migrating to the Abacus IBM i Cloud. We can help if you:
- Have an aging workforce or have lost a critical resource
- Wish to shift to business-critical workloads
- Have a pending application or hardware upgrade
- Want to eliminate backup windows
- Need to enhance business continuity
- Desire to streamline hardware operations management
- Want to shift a legacy environment to archive
- Have a short-term testing or development need
- Wish to perform an OS upgrade test
- Want a performance assessment